Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Friday, September 02, 2005

Yellow flowers in a glass cup

Today I... don't really have much planned. I kind of want to get some homework done today so I don't have quite so much to do later this weekend... and I know the 4 day weekend thing is just there to drive me crazy and make me think I have more time to do things than I actually do... I have a lot of reading to do this weekend... which is fun for me... but I'm just not feeling much like starting it yet. Yesterday sucked for me... it just was one of those PMSing days, I suppose... it started and ended well, but sandwiched in between was rough. I need to practice prioitizing and saying no to people. On top of many things, I have to read Genesis 1-35 for core humanities... Core humanities made me mad yesterday. The Bible is not just a piece of literature and I don't like it read that way. And it actually is a very historical document, its frustrating when people argue that. Room mate stuff is still going well... its a lot harder to get work done with 7 room mates than it was with one, last year. Four of my suitemates are leaving this weekend, so I guess that ought to give me more time to study and read. Yesterday I tripped and fell and cut my foot... the one that's still hurt from Spring break, of course. I bled all the way up to my room... figures, huh? I always trip physically when I'm tripping spiritually. So, my yesterday was not so good... and then I came home last night to bright yellow sunflowers from Anna's garden. She left them with a note that said she knew I'd been wanting flowers... and they were cheery and she knew I'd love them. And its true: I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home