Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Friday, August 26, 2005

I hate small talk

Once again, I am safely in Reno. I love Reno! The weather is perfect and they have trees and green things growing everywhere. However, I am sick. Figures, huh? The last 3 days have been long and very busy. In fact, other than two brief ten minutes in the last 3 days, this is my first time alone. I love being with people... as anyone who knows me knows... but goodness! I'm also an origial only-child, so I got to have some alone time... and this will do. :-) My first night in the dorms I hung out with Tristan and his 5 other room mates until 4:30... good times. Honestly, its like yesterday had me shuffled from one friend group to the other.

My dorm is nice. (White Pine 306A, come hook it up with me!) Its small-ish, but cozy. My room mate's name is Anna. She's 17, and grew up on a farm. She's fun. Then in room B, we have an adorable Japanesse exchange student named Naomi. I haven't talked to her too much yet, but she's sweet. Naomi's room mate is Karen... I haven't actually seen her yet, but she moved in and just never came back. Then in room C we have Kayla, I like her, she's friendly. And her room mate Hannah, who's really cute. Room C seems like it should be a lot of fun. Room D has two girls, Shannon and Faun who are the best of friends so other than the first day of moving in, I haven't seen them much. So that's basically my room mate situation... I think it'll be fun. It will be a busy year... but lots of fun!

Today I'm going to make a walmart run, go back to Starbucks and speak with the manager, get my ID card activated for the semester and buy my books. I'm thinking that I'll wait to buy my books until later today because I'm told the book store isn't very busy around dinner time. I'm really looking forward to school starting... YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home