Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Today a sad thing happened. I went out to my van with two friends to go grab dinner and I noticed that on my back window where normally there is a, "Jesus is the Answer" bumper sticker in the corner there was none. Someone came by and pulled it off apparently. I am sad by this only for a few reasons. First, it was a pleasant blue and yellow color and contrasted nicely with my red van. Secondly, this is not the first or the second time something like this has happened to my van. (Although the other times has all just been writing obsenities in the dirt of my back window.) I understand writing in the dirt... I understand that not everyone loves Jesus. No one is being forced to love Jesus. But I d not understand why someone would go to the extreme of peeling off someone else's bumpe sticker. Mainly, I am confused by this. But there is not much that I can do at this point. It's not going to stop me from loving Jesus or putting a new (and probably cooler) sticker on my car window. No one can stop me from doing that. I'll just keep praying for the people... after all, everytime we are persecuted we should remember that Christ was pesecuted first and take it as a blessing. Honestly, what else is there to do, you know?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got it girlfriend!! Don't le it discourage you, just buy another, cooler sticker and stand your ground!

8:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Stephanie, I am the "Anonymous" that was talking to Zack. I chose to write under Anonymous because I do not wish for my identity to be know for now. As for Jonathan and the "Holy Thug" blog, thats an interesting blog, nothing wrong with it, just interesting. He has some really cool stuff to say though. I will use this name so you know that it is myself in the future,
Miss Anonymous.

12:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, I am very glad that you are talking about these things,(Jesus and thing like that), it is something that needs to be talked about. It seems that Jesus has been trying, oops...He does not 'try', He is raising up a people that love Him more than anything else. It is so great that we can be apart of it all. Keep it up. It is..umm..pleasant that you are not 'preaching' but just talking, it is nicer to read that way.
Miss Anonymous.

12:44 p.m.  
Blogger D Jack said...

Hey little sis. Got an idea 'bout your bumper sticker prob. You should go hardcore with the bumper stickers. Get like five or six and just stick 'em all on. And get a car alarm... That'll teach those haters!

2:56 p.m.  
Blogger Juana said...

steph garver! yes get a new bumpter sticker and pray for whoever took it off your windshield.

and for anonymous . . .

you seem to love jesus and i will respect the fact that you don't want your identity to be revealed. but i also have observed that you love Jesus. I am not saying that you are embarassed or anything , but don't be ashamed of being a christian. don't be afraid of people disagreeing with what you have to say. as christians people are gonna disagree with us. proclaim proudly what jesus has to say through you. he loves us so much and will protect us when we are proclaiming his name! : )

8:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Juana, thank you for being concerned and for your thoughts. The reason I have chosen to write under "Anonymous" is not that of fear but of simply not wanting my name to be known right now. I am not ashamed of Jesus Christ...by anymeans. A Christian that is ashamed of Jesus Christ is not a true Christian in my opion. Called, but not Chosen. I am very glad that you said something though, it is really nice to know that there are other Christians that stand up for Jesus and believe the same things that I do.
I decieded to change my name,
Anonymous One. I like that. :)
O, and yes, we should never back down to people when they dont like we have to say. That is kinda the point, saying things that they never have heard before.

12:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home