Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Three Birds

I heard three birds singing in the dark.
While floating by in a brilliant mist,
drifting beneath a sweeping branch.
It decays before my eyes,
screaming out for water,
always wanting more but never satisifed.
Claiming to be strengthened in faith,
recieved by Love,
now overflowing.
Scared to step away,
so scared to stay.
Drinking from a sea of dreams,
near golden fields of imaginings.
Scared to tell the truth,
fearing to be alone.
The silence whispers in haunting echos.
snow falling in lines from the sky,
landing in silence as we walk, you and I.
Haunting me with, "You're going to be okay,
you're going to be okay,
you're going to be okay."
Seeking any other way.
Tired of the load I bear,
seeking shelter anywhere.
Weary from my days of travel,
broken feet from roads of gravel.
Waking at the dawn of day,
turning up my face to say:
"Have we forever lost our way?"
Seeing a thousand shades of gray.
Finding a shimering ray of hope,
light breaks through thickest dark.
hearing birds sing in the night,
and finally, last, that one lone lark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home