Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Thursday, April 07, 2005

As for me...

Here's an ankle update:

Wednesday of spring break, so March 30, I walked on my foot when it was asleep (who doesn't, right?) and it twisted out from under me and went "pop" and I went, "Ack!" and I feel on the ground. Since then I have been limping about, and though walking on it in gerneal is fine, if it moves slightly left or right I have a sharp pain in my ankle. Thus today, after being pursuaded by Eric, I went to the health clinic on campus. They're very nice there, I like them. The wait was not too long, all things considered. And my friend D was with me the whole time making sure they didn't hurt me too much.

So I go in, get my "vitals" checked and find out I'm healthy. Yay! Good for me!! :) Then the nurse presses on a spot on my foot... no I take that back. She presses on the sore spot in my foot (although there are really like 3 of them) and I yelled out, "Oww!" She looked concerned and asked how I felt about an X-ray. I'd never had an X-ray before and I was delighted!! (the cost of an X-ray did not delight me nearly as much but I still agreed. I was delighted, none the less!)

The X-ray man was fun. I told him it was my fist X-ray. He was amazed and said that most kids always have to have an X-ray. I told him I was a very cautious child. He turned my foot this way and took a picture. He turned my foot that way and took another picture. He turned my foot a third, and most painfully way and took the last picture. When the X-rays returned I was able to look at them. I got t see my bones! Happy Footie!! I had very nice bones! So nice infact that there was nothing wrong with them. So much for the cost of the X-rays. Yet, I still got my first X-rays done today! hehe!!

So, I was moved to a third room and the doctor came in told me there was nothing wrong with me other than a sprain, possibly in the ligaments (or did she say tendons?) Which just means I could easily roll my ankle again and possibly do some real damage. So, the fit me for an ankle brace. Very stylish... black and all strappy. Woo-woo! They even wanted to give me crutches, but I figured that I'd been walking on it for over a week now, so I can keep walking. Over all (again minus the total $94 visit) it was a pleasant time! I got to have X-rays done, found out I was not broken and got a new ankle brace accessory added to my wardrobe.

So, life is good, I am happy and when the swelling and bruising go down and I can jump down the stair-well in our dorm again instead of taking the elevator, I'll be even happier! Hooray!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have major ankel problems and whenever I do anything that requires me to walk for a long period of time I have to wear one of those lovely ankel braces. I think they are quite stylish! Glad to hear you are doing well and that your ankel is fine!

2:57 p.m.  
Blogger D Jack said...

Good for you Stephanie! I kept fogetting to ask you about it. I'm glad it's going to be okay. :)

3:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home