Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Saturday, March 05, 2005

When words are not enough

Sometimes, when I talk, I wonder if I've said anything at all.
I wonder if I've made a difference.
I wonder if I've changed a life.
Sometimes, I think over a conversation and wonder,
"Have I said everything I meant to --
Did it come across alright?"
Sometimes, I wonder if I get too caught up in the moment,
When I let passion carry away my reason.
Usually I don't regret my actions or my words.
But sometimes, I do.
Some words and phrases are spoken too easily,
"I hate when..." or "I wish they'd..."
Somethings are supposed to stay locked up.
Sometimes, I wonder if I should have said more.
But most of the time, I wonder if I've said anything at all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is really fantastic when you see past conversations bringing "life" to those around you. At the time of speaking, you wonder "Are they hearing me" - "Do they give a rats a-- about what I am telling them" - "Don't they realize how important this is" and then in one beautiful moment, they light up and you know that did hear, care and realize. You're doint the right thing by stepping out with boldness and speaking what you know is truth.

7:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home