Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Random-ness

On Tuesday night, walking home from Crusade, Andrea and I began walking across the street, and around the corner a car turning right zoomed by, just in time, we jumped back, out of the way. We kind of laughed and continued on across the street and then, turning left a car stopped about a foot from hitting me... once again, Andrea had jumped back, but I had not. It was clearly our turn to walk, but I guess cars don't often pay attention. Jesus was walking with me that night... and always. Andrea said she was ready to "assess the situation" if I had been hit and that she would have moved me to a safe place. I like Andrea, I feel safe with her.

On a side note, I am sick. Sick and dying. I love Andrea, but she got me sick. I slept for 13-some hours last night... it was amazing, but I'm ready to sleep some more. I met with Adrienne for lunch today.. I like her a lot, I could deffinately see her and I becoming very good friends. at 2:30, I'm meeting Joanna for coffee... I may just have tea though. I find that though "Physical Touch" is my Love Language, "Quality Time" is right up there as well. I love to snugle, but I also loving hanging out one-on-one with people.

Its almost my birthday, I'm pretty excited about that... the big 2-0. Just think, almost a year from now I will be able to drink. Too bad I don't really want to do that... If I really did want to drink, what would stop me from drinking now? hmm.. not much. Whelp, then when I turn 21 it doesn't look like my life will be drastically changing... Good. Good to know.

I wish I wasn't feeling weak and sick. I walked across the street earlier and got out of breath. That's no way to live. Adrienne wants me to go see the play "The Silent Woman" with her tonight. I would like to go, but right now I do not feel much like going and trying to be present in mind. I'm rather out of it. After hanging out with Joanna, I can sleep for the rest of the day. Except that I have homework due tomorrow. That's unfortunate.

Lots of my friends are getting married. I feel as though many of my friends are either in serious relationships or engaged (which in itself is pretty serious.) I don't have many friends in casual relationships. Last night Hope, Andrea and I went to dinner at Denny's. I had Chicken-fried Steak with mashed potates. Hope talked of wanting a boy friend. I don't want one. I mean, I'm a girl and I'm a hopeless romantic girl, so obviously I would like one. But I don't know anyone I would want to, or even consider actually dating. I just don't have time for a boy. And thats okay with me. I went through my hooker days and experienced enough boy junk that I'm cool about not needing one right now... or even for a long time yet. I've onlymet one boy I would even remotely consider dating on a serious note... and he did not feel the same, which is fine.

I really wish I felt better. I feel nasty. Okay, I'm going to go meet Joanna and then maybe I'll be able to sleep a little bit later....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're in such poor health at the moment. You must take time to attend to your physical health as well as school and your spiritual health. Sometimes you just have to say "no" to things that you would like to do in order to allow your body to rest and heal.

8:13 a.m.  
Blogger Katie g said...

I know this is on a blog and not so personal, but what about the one boy you wrote me about. Anyway in case I forget HAppy birthday friend and I'll be praying for you that you get well soon.. Much love katie g

5:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home