Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Monday, March 14, 2005

A Pleasant Day

Today is a pleasant day. This weekend was pleasant, but left me rather tired. I was never in my room for long this weekend, which was happy simply because it would have been lonely with Andrea Rea not being here, as she was out of town. However, this weekend, I got adicted to playing Halo. Only Heaven can help me now.

Today is a pleasant day. I am currently sitting here enjoying one of our last warm days for a while, as it is supposed to get chilly later this week. I am currently sitting here enjoying an avacado that I bought last Friday at Wal-mart for 79 cents, eating an avacado reminds me of happy days from last year on Common Fire. I am currently sitting here singing along with You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. What a happy musical.

Today is a pleasant day. But I still had to attend classes. In Drama today we discussed the play Desire Under the Elms, by Eugene O'Neil. A few ineresting things came up in discussion that I feel are important enough to mention via Blog. Thus I will list some of the highlights:

  • Control your desire so you don't have to face the consequences of your guilt.
  • You can not develop as a person when you feel guilty.
  • The desire for love can blind you into a temporarily, immoral insanity.
  • Desire consumes without realizing it.
  • Uncontrolled desire brings disaster and tradegy.
  • When you do realize your mistake, it is too late to start thinking and be able to change your circumstances.

Today is a pleasant day. I was realizing that I feel a great amount of community pressure. The communities I am involved in require great responsibility. Many that I can not commit to. I have this idea of freedom from community. I am over eighteen, I have not lived at home in two years. In many ways I can take care of myself. I learned long ago how to brush my teeth, look both ways before crossing the street and that every action has a consequence. I grew up with enough freedom that I was able to learn many many consequences as I was a "bad" kid growing up. (Don't believe me? Not surpring. Ask my Mom, she'll tell you! Its true!)

Today is a pleasant day. I feel that I am doing too many things. There is hardly a moment free for me to catch my breath. There are 8 weeks left, including Spring Break, and I am not really wanting to leave. Weird, I don't want to leave school... heh. No, I wouldn't mind leaving,I'd actually really like to go home for Spring Break... but there is simply too much to do, too many people to hang out with, and too many places to be. I feel over whelmed lately with people calling every hour wanting to hang out all the time. Last semester all I did was homework. I sat in my room and was never social... I didn't know anyone enough to be social. Now I'm too social, and I need to have space an breathe or be alone.

Today is a pleasant day. So pleasant. In a while, Eric and I are going to go for a walk in the park. Then, I will come back to homework and shortly after go to Bible study, then more homework and then sleep... and then it starts all over again.

Today is a pleasant day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as it does not go against God's plan for you, you NEED to do what your heart desires. You NEED room for spontaneous thoughts & activities. If you want to drive home for a visit, drive home. Don't make your schedule so tight that you can't breathe, that's not healthy. Take it from your mom.
Love,
Mama

1:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home