Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Friday, March 18, 2005

Hopelessly devoted

I saw that beautiful boy, Nick again today. (see previous post if you have no idea what I'm talking about). I was walking up the stairs and there he was, looking up at me. He said, "Hello" and I smiled down at him... Kind of a Romeo-Juliet-balcony-thing. Honestly, the conversation was nothing to even write about. For all those who think my life is never awkward and that I am always a smart, quick-witted, sweet little girl, be assured that I am not. I could think of nothing more to say then, "So, do you have a class?" and then, "Yea, me too." Oh, Steph Garver... We must work on your social skills. I get so shy and quiet around cute boys. Well, though my chances were slim on seeing him again, I did see him!! So perhaps my chances are not nearly so slim as I thought! Of course, if I wasn't old fashioned and hadn't been so stupidly silent, perhaps we could have gotten coffee... or gotten married. heh heh... No, just kidding. But he has a beautiful face. I wish that silly hopeless romantic in me wasn't quite so "hopeless."

On a side note, I am addicted to Halo. I don't know how it happened... I don't know when it happened -- Oh, yes I do! It was last weekend when I was bored and had nothing else to do... and now I dream about Halo.... I close my eyes and I am running through passages. The guys are drilling me on Halo trivia. I want to get good. Real good. I want to beat the boys and make them cry. I want to be quote a "hot gamer chick." I want to go to Halo parties and competitions and have guys go, "oh, why'd they bring a girl..." and then beat them and make them cry! haha! vI'm being trained this weekend. It should be a good time. I'm excited. Hooray! lol.... I've never played video games before last weekend, so basically, I suck... but I have an enjoyable time!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you silly, silly girl. Let me just say that

A. You need lessons on talking to cute boys! Not like I'm one to talk cause I'm horrible at small talk, and even worse at meeting new people nowadays, but you know.
B. Keep your eyes open for him again. Two times on a campus full of people is a good sign. :) Next time say something about how you need to check your mail. Maybe he'll say he needs to go, too.
C. I love Halo, too! You have no idea!
D. Your second paragraph made me laugh beyond belief. I even read it out loud to my room mate cause I thought it was so funny.
E. I'm glad we're friends. :)
F. I miss you!
G. I wrote more, so you have to go read it now!

9:53 p.m.  
Blogger D Jack said...

Hold on a second. You ain't losin' your focus here are you? Don't get all mooney eyed for some good looking pup. If you see him again you should talk to him about Jesus, because that's what you're about. Don't forget it!
And with Halo, yeah, it's a fun game, I was addicted to it until I beat it. But I haven't played it much since. You'll get over it, I hope...

2:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home