Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Friday, March 04, 2005

as God answers

I don't know God's plan. I do not know God's plan for my life. I don't know my calling or where many of my gifts lie.

I am waiting.

I find it hard to be still, hard to wait... Hard to stay focused. I grow weak in waiting and often I am ashamed.
When will I know?
Do I dare to fit the whole universe into a single ball that might fit in my palm? "'Do I dare?' and 'Do I dare?'" Is it worth it in the end?
Sometimes I think so.

My heart is full with death... full with life.
Full with interpretations, dreams... longings.
Longings so great at times I feel I may burst open or split in two.
And sometimes full of such pain that it hurts to breathe.
It hurts to be.

There is much to say and yet nothing at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I love how often what you write expresses what I feel. Love you friend

6:46 p.m.  
Blogger Kerry said...

Dearest Sister,

I am still unsure what I am supposed to do with my life and what I want to be when I grow up. "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord........" It often isn't for us to know, but rather learn. Also, we are to take it a step further. We aren't supposed to just learn but we are to grow from it too. Talk to you soon and take care.

In Him,
Your Brother

3:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home