Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Jesus showed up

When God says, "Seek and I will be found by you." He's not playing around. This weekend has been amazing, regardless of circumstance that have attempted to dampen my mood. I used to be the type who might conform to the emotions of others. Now, I just won't put up with it and thank heaven. Goodness knows I have enough junk of my own to deal with on a daily baises that I don't need someone elses baggage. Sorry, friends, no offense. But my weekend has been totally Spirit filled. It's a good thing. On Friday night, Andrea and I hooked up with some girls from Cru and went to "Grace" then fellowshiped afterward until the early morning hours. Then on Saturday morning we all met up again and had a cool Bible study.. just asking tough questions and getting answers from the Word. Good times! Afterward, we fellowshipped some more and I got to know some of the girls I didn't know well yet. Then I came back, had a nap and later in the evening, Andrea and I went to "Crosswinds" Their worship was very cool. And we fellowshipped again last night! This morning, Matthew and I went to church... we go to a Pentacostal church of God... basically, its not anything like the Presbyterian church and I enjoy it. They believe in Spiritual gifts.. and the Spirit always shows up... today was amazing, ask me, if you want to know details. :-) Then after a nap and some Andrea-Stephanie time, we went to "Jacob's Well." Where there was also some awesome worship. I LOVE it when Jesus shows up... and He's been showing up a lot. It's been some very good times.

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. nd if we know that He hears us -- whatever we ask -- we know that we have what we asked of Him." ~ 1 John 5:13-15 (NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home