Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Friday, January 07, 2005

Too much snow?

So.... there has been a gliche in my vacation schedule. Yes, weather... "Mother Nature" if you will has decided it's best for me to stay in Vegas for the weekend... Doesn't that figure? There was so much sticking snow that my Dad and I made three snow-people. Yes, that's right, three... and we could have kept going but my hands got cold. Some of the snow people were really cool but unfortunately I could not get the pictures to load, so you can only imagine... and you'll have to!

"But what does this mean, Steph Garver?!" You ask... Well, allow me tp give you an update on my life since my post this morning... Updates can be dull, I realize this... But since it is my blog I choose the content of my posts. :-) To begin my updates, I would like to tell all my readers that I am still in Las Vegas, if you didn't catch that earlier in this post. Secondly, I will confirm that I am not currently in California. (Unfortunate, I know.) Thirdly, I do not know what this will do to the rest of my traveling plans, (ie: Fresno, Oakhurst, Calvin Crest, Tahoe, Reno, ect..) But since school starts back up on the 18th, I must be back to Reno by then, some way or another. and I still would really love to visit Kari and Christy this week, and be in Oakhust at least for Thursday and perhaps Tahoe or Reno by Saturday, I'm thinking plans that far in advance won't be any good at this point in time. Basically, since all the passes into California are closed, I'm stuck here until they open again and the weather lets up (haha... yea, I'm beginning to wonder when this "weather" will be past us for good... it just seems like storm after storm in hitting the west coast.. among other places). But at the moment, I'd like to leave Moday to Fresno and at least attempt to stick to some of my original plan... In the mean time, I have more time to spend with my family and that's good enough reason for me to keep sticking around at the moment.

So, who knows where I'll be and when! Stay tuned for more updates from the desk of Steph Garver!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Stephanie's Mom and I'm glad to report to her readers that she and Andrea (Andrea flew to LV on Sunday and spent the night with us) were able to leave Las Vegas on Monday Jan 10th and they are currently in Fresno with Kari. (as of 4:00 p.m. Jan 10th) I don't know if they have access to their computers, so I am the current reporter.

9:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home