Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Sunday, January 16, 2005

To my readers I offer an appology! I never did mention that I was going out of town, nor my change in plans... How shameful of me. :) Anyway, just to briefly catch you up, Andrea flew down from Reno, almost on a whim, and appeared in Las Vegas a week ago.. so last Sunday. She was trying to cross the pass, but was not able to, and since I was going to, we hooked up and went together! On Monday, we drive to Fresno to hang out anf stay with Kari Maddox and Christy Harrison. We ened up seeing so many other Calvin Crest people though, it was wonderful! On Tuesday we saw Juana, Rachael Rudy and Ben Musson in Dinuba and then when we got back to Kari's house we saw Nadia, Josh Hass and Sarah Damm! On Wednesday we met Phillip and Tammi for lunch, visited with Amanda and then saw Sarah Lowe for dinner. On Thursday Andrea and I drive up to Oakhurst, rented a room in the Days Inn and relaxed. She visited with Phillip up at camp and I got to hang out at a Bible study with Shawna, Keith, Karen, David, Christy, Jonathon and Paul. Originally, Andrea wanted to leave on Friday morning, but I convinced her that staying another day would be oodles of fun... and it was! On Friday, she and I walked around big O-Town, we Geocashed, had lunch, went to the Yarn Barn took a nap in the sunshine at the park and I danced and sang outside of Yosemite Coffee while she sang. Staying the extra day was well worth it.. the sky was bright blue and the sun was warm and breeze was light... I was so crazy happy it was amazing! Flanny and I kept wondering what was wrong with me as I seemed to have a bounce in my step, and a smile simply plastered on my face the entire day. It really was a lovely day... I even got to visit with Keith more which was really happy. The Garrett called me and we had an hour long, very interesting conversation over the phone. But on Saturday morning, we left bright and early... oh wait, the sun wasn't out... so we left dark and early at 7:00 from Oakhurst and drive home. Its always sad driving away from Oakhurst and I am always filled with solmn memories of forcing myself to drive away and not think about the past again.... We got home around noon and headed almost directly to Kathy's baby shower... it was a cute shower and I met the wives of lot of young men I once knew from camp or my home church. Anyway, after church today, Andrea and I will be moving back into our dorm room... I was glad to have such a long break off from school.. but I'm tired of moving and living out of bags and boxes... it will be nice to be back on a schedule again... and in all honesty, I'm really looking forward to my new classes and seeing/meeting a lot of new friends. I'll write again soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. To bad I did not know you came through Fresno, it would have been good to see you before I leave the country. Next week I am leaving for Auzzie for 6 months to do YWAM. Hope you can enjoy the school year,

~John Freeman~

3:40 p.m.  
Blogger Kerry said...

How sad that the only thing you forgot to mention was the awesome concert that you got to go to before you left on your week long adventure through California. I am so happy to hear that you had fun on your trip and I hope that you had fun at Shaun Groves too. Talk to you soon and take care.

In Him,
Your Brother

10:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home