Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Teetering on the Edge

You know that feeling of having to make a decision.... and either way you look at it, both decisions seem like they could be good or bad ones? I feel that way on occasion. I am forced to pray and pray and sometimes don't recieve a very clear answer. In some areas of life, I consider that a reason to continue praying and seeking answers but in other areas of life I feel that during this time of life, it is a moment to take a risk and step out in faith.

Its that hesitating, wondering... should you or shouldn't you... teetering at the edge of a pool trying to decide whether to dive in or not... You've weighed the pros and cons numerous times still praying about what to do next. I'm here to tell my readers to take that first step of faith.

There's really no reason to fear the future, God will be with you and will walk with you every step of the way, even when you stray off the path or make a wrong decision. All mistakes will serve a higher purpose. Psalm 118:6 says, "The Lord is on my side; I wll not fear: What can man do to me?" You knwo that old saying, "You can't steer a parked car."

So, when you face your next decision... ask God to guide you before you decide, make a decision and see where God takes you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home