Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Friday, January 07, 2005

Snow!?!

It is currently snowing in Las Vegas. Yes, that's right. SNOW! I can hardly believe it... The only problem is that my family and I are supposed to drive to Huntington Beach, CA today. We're going to have a late Christmas with the rest of our twenty-some member family, it will be a good time... if we get there. We also have to cross two passes, that may very well also be covered in snow or rain. I did go get snow chains yesterday, so that's good... but I'm no so eager aout getting out of my van in the snow and putting them on... oh well, that's all part of the adventure, right? :) We should be leaving within the next half hour or so, and after Huntington Beach, my parents will return to Las Vegas and their lives without me and I will head North to Fresno, to visit my friend Kari Maddox... and anyone else in Fresno! Including Christy Harrison.. Yay! I'll also make a trip up to Calvin Crest to visit Tammi... and since I'm heading through Oakhurst, you can only imagine the excitement! hehe! Then, depending on the weather I'll either go through Donor Pass to Tahoe or go back down to Bakersfield and around to Carson... but we'll see... anyway, I'll have my cell phone with me and I encourage all of you, especially if you're from Fresno, to give me a call... or pray that my trip goes smoothly... You know, something else magical happened outside of the snow... This morning outside my door was a present from my Daddy.. and I opened it and it was a T-shirt that said, "My Dad can fix anything" Then it quotes Ephesians 2:1 and has a cross.. it's very sweet... I love my Daddy! Did I mention it's currently SNOWING in Vegas?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben P said...

Last I heard, Donner Pass was impassible... might want to check on that before you leave.

11:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home