Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Its too cold for a Saturday

Yesterday, my heart broke. I spent the afternoon, reading with Matthew. We took turns reading to eachother from the Bible, Just like Jesus and The Pilgrim's Progress. I enjoy Matthew... he is by far one of my best friends. For my readers who have not yet met him, you are missing out. He is an amazingly passionate young man who is seeking after God's will and deeply longing to live in God's presence. He reminds me of a lot of my favorite people and dear friends... he also reminds me a lot of myself... like I said, I really enjoy Matthew... but he was not the reason my heart broke. He actually was and is one of my bright spots in any day.

The last time I drove my car was last Sunday. We had just gotten back from church and I had parked the car in the garage. Happily, I had scribbled into the dirt on my back window, "Jesus loves you!" with my finger. I went out to my car last night and found, "Jesus loves hates you!" written instead. For a single moment Ifelt the Lord's pain over His children's disobediance and denial.

My heart broke.

Why is it okay for other people to have explicit pictures, vulgar words and offensive sayings scribbled in the dirt on their windows but it's not okay for me to have the truth written into mine?

I realized the harm I have done. I sat allowing things to be said for too long and when it came time to stop them I could not. Again, I sat and listened to harsh and judgemental words be said... listened to the mocking of Jesus... and I sat and allowed it to happen because I was not "man enough" to stand up for the little things before... and when things got bigger I had nothing to say.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sensitivity and love of the Lord is beautiful.

10:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home