Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

because YOU first

Did you know that the world doesn't understand love? They don't understand grace. (I really need to write about grace, but this post is not about that yet.. sometime, but not today.) How can you stress love to someone who does not know love? You can not know love if you do not have love living in you. And the only way for love to live in you is for Jesus Christ to be living in you. I don't want an answer, I'm not looking for an answer. We don't know anything about love except what God has taught us about it. The only reason we know how to love is because God frst loved us and sent His son to die for us. That is love. To sacrifice and lay down ones life for another is the greatest love one can give or recieve. I can live love because I am anointed by the holy spirit to do His work...I can speak love and show love... but outside of God, it remainds a mystery to me how anyone understands love. 1 John 3:14 says, "Anyone who does not love remains in death." (That's intense.) This is how God showed his love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. How much did God love us! Enough to give us His very precious and perfect son that we might find love and peace in Him. I have taken for granted this love and peace because I've had it since before I can remember.. and these wonderful people who God created perfectly seem to be missing Jesus whispering in thier ear, "I love you, can't you see?" Its through these people who love the world and ignore my Lord that I have found greater love and peace in the arms of Christ.

"This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice to turn aside His wrath, taking away our sins."1 John 4:10

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully stated! We are not meant to know why God does what he does, we are supposed to believe not try to figure Him out.
I love you Stephanie!
Mom

11:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home