Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Some Reflections

I received the nicest compliment of my life last night in an elevator. I said hello to this guy standing in there with me and he looked at me in shock and then said, "You're one of those Bible girls, aren't you?" I blinked and said, "um... yea, I guess I am." and he said, "I can tell because you're so nice!" He got off the elevator on the fourth floor and I was utterly shocked. I'm "one of those 'Bible girls.'" I couldn't have asked for a better phrase to discribe me.

I was reading through a journal entry from one of my first weeks here in Reno and I'll post it!


Thursday, September 8, 2004

"At first I thought, how hard it must have been for Paul to speak to Jews and Gentiles about Christ and how hard for the Jews and Gentiles to accept and believe something so completely new and foriegn. And then I thought, surely there are more people from this time in history that are belivers than there were back in Paul's day, after all how much better off are we who have all of God's Word and were taught from birth about Jesus. But then I look around and I see I am surrounded by a world of sin. A world that still does not know Jesus. There were so many who walked with Jesus, ate with Him, saw His miracles and yet many did not believe in who He was. They saw Jesus face to face and yet they did not believe. Too many still don't believe and too many Christians continue to doubt. One will live forever and the other will die everyday forever. 'How long, oh men, will you turn My glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods and lies?' (Psalm 4:2)"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As beautiful outside as you are inside. Thanks for shining and spreading Jesus' light!
MM

3:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home