Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Thursday, November 04, 2004

In case any of you were wondering, as I fear some of of you were... I do not believe in or support evolution. I am in fact a Creationist. But more over, I am a Christian. Thus, I believe the Bible. Word for word (that's right, baby!) I believe that the Bible is God breathed. Thus, it is God's word. Thus wen it says, "God created the earth"(Genesis 1:1) I happen to fully believe and have confidence in it. Also, when the Word states, "My help comes from the maker of heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:2) I interpret that as saying that God, our Lord, Jesus Christ, did indeed create the earth... and all the little animals and creatures that crawl upon the ground as well as humans, just as they are today. Please don't worry about my salvation. That is bewteen God and myself. Therefore, to sum this up, I would like to conclude that I do believe in Jesus and I believe that He is the same, yesterday, today and forever more... Therefore, He would have had to have created the earth and all things that live upon it. If you have any further questions or concerns about my personal beliefs please feel free to contact me or just open your Bible.

-This has been a public announcement from Stephanie's Blog service. Have a great day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ben P said...

That much was certainly clear...

My comment a couple posts down made the point that even if you don't believe in or support evolution, this is no excuse to think that Jesus doesn't want you to know about it. If you want to be prepared to defend your faith in a world where many do preach evolution as fact, or to attack this as a false idea, you have to know the basic principles of the theory.

This is at the core of mission theory– if you're jumping into a foreign, pagan culture, you have to know and understand what they believe before you can preach Jesus with words (you can always preach him with actions).

I wasn't challenging your faith or salvation, so I figure you wrote this as a response to someone else.

I'd really like to dialogue with you on this!

7:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a difference between knowledge of and worship of. You seem a wonderful woman of God. I doubt your salvation was being questioned, more the conclusion regarding what Jesus told you.

The #1 argument of non-believers, our mission field, is evolution. Pointing to scripture doesn't convince them. Being able to point to their "scripture" and disprove it, will help convince them. That regards knowledge.

God bless in this journey..

11:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or perhaps not worry about trying to refute it, because there are a good many interpretations of biological evolution that don't contradict the Bible in any way, and it's really not important at all... God created, and how he decided to do it is largely irrelevant.

Just so long as you don't insist on your own interpretation as the only or best one. I'm glad that God has given you the conviction he's given you, and don't forsake it for all the scientific evidence in the world.

And no, I don't buy into evolution.

3:28 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Hey, I haven't blogged in a while, but I noticed that you posted a comment on my blog - you said we should be friends, and since I'm always on a search for a Christ loving friend, at least one my own age, I agree that we should be. So God Bless, and look forward to more fellowship.

11:37 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why cant both exist? why cannot it be that god created the earth in the beginning, and then people evolved from his creation, which was his plan in the beginning? why is that not a possibility?

that is what i believe... bc you have to admit, evolution is incredibly hard to fight with.. so why not compromise and agree that god created the world, and then his creation evolved?

2:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home