Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Saturday, November 06, 2004

A friend of mine, who I always considered a strong Christian has lost his love for Christ Jesus. I am always sad when people who were once so on fire for God can forget who He is and get stuck in their sin. That really is the point... we have freedom from sin and bondage in Christ and its one of the saddest things to me to see Christians and churches stuck in sin. We have power over sin. It does NOT have power over us. Yea, it really is one of the most sad things to me. Please don't giev the devil a foot hold in your life. Avoid sin (I personally pray daily that sin would always revolt me even though it is constant in our lives and surrounding us, no matter how innocent the circumstances.) Pray for your firends that they would continue to seek and follow the Lord and that they would not become tied in bondage that they have power over.

I was reading through my journal from summer the other day and I came across this entry I wrote near the end of summer: Sunday, August 8, 2004

"You are the God of answering prayers! Holy, holy, holy are You and how the Lord has blessed me and prepared my heart for this. May this continue to be yours. Lord, make everything in my life, yours completely. Continue to put peace into my heart as I seek to follow Your will. I look back on all I've written and see how the Lord has heard my cry and come to my aid. He has prepared a table before me, with things I never thought to ask for. Speak peace continually to my heart. Your plans are great, your glory unmeasured and your love ever infinate! You bring joy to my heart and soul..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your friend. God has given us each free will and it is so dissappointing to hear that someone has used theirs to slip away from Jesus! I will pray for this person and the others in your life who are currently confused and full or persecution. I will always love you because that is the way God made me!
Mommy Muffin

2:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home