Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Emergency Exit Only

You know those "Emergency Exit Only" signs? Sometimes I feel like there should be some of those for life. Sometimes, all I want to do is throw up my hands and declare myself done as I grab my bag and run for that "Emergency Exit Only" door. An alarm would probably sound and people would know I was running and they'd probably try to stop me. But it doesn't matter. I'll be somewhere else. Anywhere else. Because at times, anywhere else is better than where you currently are.

However, today is not one of those days. Today, regardless of trial(s), here I will remain. Too often in trials I have run away and given up... given up more than I can ever imagine. I've come to this conclusion: there are three kinds of trials we face.

1) God given trials (as in dealing with bondage and sins and such).
2) Trials brought on by other people and/or circumstances.
3) Trials you bring on yourself.


The outcome of these trails depends on your own personal response to them.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"If you falter in times of trouble and adversity, your strength is small!" - Proverbs 24:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home