Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Today, I went to get my results from a College Student Inventory test a few weeks ago. The lady said I needed to make a firm commitment to finish college because I scored only 1 percent out of 100 in the "desires to finish college" category. She seemed concerned with that and wanted me to go see a career counselor on campus. The lady also said I had social issues. Apparently, I scored 6 precent out of 100 in the Sociability catagory. "Low sociability has the advantages of leaving lots of time for studying. But it also may lead to lonliness, depression and dissatisfaction with college life, which could hurt your grades. Try to establsh some friendships at college, and spend time with your friends each day."
Then she told me I should go see a personal counselor.

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Here's Jen's rant. Ready? Good. I just asked my brother (a college student) what college life is and he said, "training for a future career while getting wasted four out of seven nights a week, experimenting with as many drugs as possible, spending your time going out and doing the most wild things you can do, and being as permiscuous as possible for a span of four to ten years." (He's in the ten range) Now, some lady who administered a test tells you that you have low sociability which may lead to "dissatisfaction with college life". How could college life possibly bring satisfaction? It can't. It won't. Only Jesus does. By the way, I like you.

11:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though in another sense, we should learn to be content with what God has given us, and if that is college, so be it. And I love college. And I probably wouldn't score high on sociability. Then again, we probably wouldn't have such a test, since I'm a commuter student at a commuter college.

2:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home