Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Friday, October 08, 2004

"A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure." - Proverbs 16:9 (AMP)

Its true! We (I) do a lot of my own planning... but in the end it is God's will where I end up and what occurs in my life. I can have all the hopes and dreams in the world, but the Lord will determine my steps and He will make my steps sure and good and right. And I have big wishes (not by the world's standards but by spiritual ones.) I find myself constantly needing to remind myself that yes, in my heart I do plan my course, but it is God that will direct me in my steps.

"fret not yourself--it tends only to evildoing." - Psalm 37:8b (AMP)
"do not fret--it leads only to evil." - Psalm 37:8b (NIV)

Why do we (I) worry about my future? Obviously, fretting leads to eveil doing... something I'm not really interested in being a part of. Verse 7 says, "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret..." We are supposed to wait for God's direction and His timing. How many time in life have I asked God... but not waited for an answer and thus rushed into something that was not in God's plan for me? Far too many...

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass. And He will make your uprightness and right standing with God go forth as the light, and your justice and right as [the shining sun of] the noonday." - Psalm 37:4-6 (AMP)
"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD ; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn..." - Psalm 37:4-6 (NIV)

IF we (I) delight myself in the Lord, THEN He will give me the desires of my heart even the ones that are completely secret. IF I commit my ways to the Lord and trust in Him, rely on Him and am confident in Him; THEN He will make my righteousness shine like the dawn. He promises to do these things if first we delight and trust in Him. He promises us the desires of our heart and to make us shine like the dawn! Doesn't that sound delightful? These are the things I wish to dwell upon.

If we trust in and delight in the Lord and do not worry then He will determine our steps, our ways will not be evil, He will give us all of the desires of our hearts and will make us shine like the dawn.

God is good. Very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home