Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Friday, September 24, 2004

Its funny how our minds are like little gardens... every thought gets planted and some seeds are duds and aren't thought of again and unfortunately I feel like for most people the religious seeds end up being duds, or they don't get burried deep enough or something. For me I find I have some duds... usually those are school seeds. (hehe) Religious seeds get planted as well (which is good) only its funny how they're seasonal... or maybe I don't water them nearly as much as I should... I feel like these take special care. Then there are bad seeds. Hate, anger, pride, lust, fear, doubt, self pitty, ect... I feel like lately people have been walking by my garden and think, "Oh look, a garden, lets toss in some seeds! heh heh heh!" So they do. They toss in seeds of doubt. Some of them I tried to catch before they fall into the soil.. have you ever tried to catch a single seed when someone throws it? Not an easy task and I'm afraid I've lost several of the seeds in a mix of dirt. There's two I can't quite get, which is strange because they're big ones. Things people have NO right throwing in my garden. I find that the bad seeds seem to take root faster than other seeds as well... some are like parasites, choking and living off the good seeds until the good seeds die. How on earth can I get these two doubt seeds out of my garden? Why are people mean and careless with their own seeds? I've been asking Jesus to get them out because I don't want them. I rebuked them... But they've turned into seeds of saddness. I don't want that either! I rebuked them and felt a bit better... And I know that the only way seeds like this will replant themselves is if I plant them myself in self pity or pride, because they are out of my garden and my life, Jesus, Himself has removed them... I think I'm more sad now because people had an abundance of doubt and sadness seeds to throw into my garden. It is a sad thing.

"And the Lord answered, If you had faith (trust and confidence in God) even [so small] like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, Be pulled up by the roots, and be planted in the sea, and it would obey you." - Luke 17:6 (AMP)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Hey, I really will pray for you. I'm not just saying that. It is so hard when doubt and saddness are thrown into your life. I don't know if I have dealt with what you do but I can understand to some extent what you are talking about. I know that God is there though and that he is the Gardner. I guess I will see you at church tomorrow I think. I hope that you are doing well. Ryan

10:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know your Uncle Jim wrote a book about churches called the Mustard Seed.

5:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mathew 5:30

11:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wassup? this is the Holy Thug. Did u know that half the problems u mentioned are names of demons? U can deal with them pretty easily with Luke 10:19. U also have the right to a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7) U have to claim it, say "I have the right to a sound mind in the name of JESUS!!!" Also depending on what u are dealing with u may have to forgive. Mabey, just depends on what u are dealing with. John 8:32 and 36. The Holy Thug.

2:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home