Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Sunday, September 12, 2004

I forget so often... I find it hard to remember how much bigger God's plan is compared to mine. At evening service tonight four return summer missionaries talked about their expericnes in Mexico, Brazil, China and Kenya. Mainly they spoke on the simplicity of the cultures they lived and worked with. And yes, those who know me know I'm not super materialistic and could care less about money and "stuff" and am almost constantly trying to get rid of "stuff." But that's not really what touched me most (though I was convicted of one thing). What most moved me was the reminder that God is everywhere, not just in the United States. (Duh, Stephanie.) And along with this reminder came another conviction... I've been sitting here all weekend not only wishing I was somewhere else completely but trying to plan out my life without asking God for permission. (Honestly, and you wonder why you were getting no where, Stephanie?) For a long time I've been asking God for guidance... but I made little time this weekend for Him and I'm paying for that now, of course. My advice to those in reader land (by the way, is anyone out there?! No one's commented in the last few weeks...I feel like I've scared everyone off with talk of Jesus... um.. HELLO!?) is this: Spend time with Jesus and listen to Him every day. Sacrifice an hour of your time... He sacrificed His entire life for you.

"When I consider Your heavens, the works of Your fingers, the moon and stars which You have set into place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" - Psalm 8:3-4

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Thank you for the reminder- I think I needed it. It's so easy at a Christian school to assume that I'm getting in my "God-time quota" because of chapel and Christian classes and whatnot, but I need my quiet time too. I love you friend :)

1:40 p.m.  
Blogger Kerry said...

I know that it is easy to find time to spend with Daddy up at camp. You have spent the last year with that easy street, but now is the test. How are you going to make time? How are you going to include Him? Are you listening for Him and to Him? I may not comment all the time but I do read your posts. I am praying for you and will continue. Take care Sister of mine and I love Ya!!

Your Brother,
Papa Gerbal

7:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home