Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Sunday, September 19, 2004

I am safely home.. were you worried? Nope! But I will tell you this, at one point it began to rain.. then it rained harder... then is started to hail and snow... and I thought, "Wow... God made this storm.. its a powerful storm..." and I was suddenly almost frightened by the power of the storm and the fact that we were driving though it... But you know what happened? God, sensing my fear told me very directly, "I have power to make this storm, and I have the power to rescue you from it." and I was filled with peace and awe. Isn't that a lovely story?

The wedding was very nice... its odd, however to think that we drive a total of 11 and a half hour this weekend for a 20 minute ceremony and 1 and a half reception. An interesting thought. I don't like fuss... fuss of any kind. I think a huge pet-pieve of mine is when small things that don't need any worry or planning at all end up being all worried and fussed over and so much planning that it loses all of its fun. Yea.. I'm not a fan of "fuss."

And now back to school... and its cold outside (44 degrees!) eep! I'll be a Steph-scicle! Ack! Actually... I think I'll be the most amused when the ramps freeze over with ice and I slip and slide everywhere and make a complete fool of myself, very much like I ended up doing last Friday when I randomly tripped on the stairs and straight fell (no joke) flat on the pavement...(please note: I'm not hurt at all... just humble) Would you be horrified? One would think so... but not I! I jumped up quick as a bug and just attempted to hold back giggling at myself as I continued onto my next class, with a huge foolish smile on my face... Honestly, Steph Garver, will you never learn to walk in God's confidence and not your own? One doesn't see God tripping and falling all over Himself in front of a ton of college students.. Goodness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home