Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I am beginning to see what it means to fear the Lord. It does not mean that I should be afraid to come to Him or afraid of who He is. Its not like fearing the dark, or the unknown, or sickness, or strangers. "To fear God is to understand who He is and to respect Him. If we fear anything or anyone else, it proves we do not trust God to be who He says He is,"writes Sandra Querin, in her book The Prayer of Job. Psalms 2:11 says to "Serve the Lord with fear and rejoicing with trembling." How many times in does the psalmist say that we should fear God? How many times have I not shown Him the reverance or fear He deserves. If the Bible says it, its true. Thus if it gives the command to "fear the Lord" we should be fearing. (I never liked the idea of fearing God before... but I'm beginning to take comfort in Him completely.) My prayer is that I not only begin to understand the awe, reverance and fear of God but that I'd also come to actually fear our Lord who created the Heavens and the Earth. Please understand that God also does not call us to live in fear either, He calls us to respect Him. Because the psalmist also says in psalms 121:2, "My help comes from the Maker of heaven and earth." And in Psalm 91 God tells us that we do not need to fear anything if we love Him because He will protect us and keep us safe. Take comfort and draw strength from our Father in Heaven. He hears the prayers of those who seek to know Him.

"Blessed are all who take refuge in Him." (psalm 2:12)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home