Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

We're all moved in. This really is quite the culture shock, in many ways. Tomorrow (Thursday) Orientation starts. So, I'll be doing who knows what between the hours of 8 and 3... but I love our room! Its so big! As you know, I tend to be a little bit shy and unless other people are outgoing I seem to miss them... or they miss me. And Andrea is even more shy than I am, so we're having some difficulty with that. But prayers are deffinately appriciated! It was really a long hard day. And to be quite honest, reality of it all still hasn't really hit. I keep feeling like I'm more just on a vacation mindset rather than this is my new home. Andrea and I both have a lot of camp pictures and foresty things hanging on the walls... and its pretty obvious when you compare us to the other girls on our floor that we're kind of out of place. So our room is nice, homey and big, and I know I should give it more time before officially deciding that I hate it.... but its not quiet little Oakhurst. Not by any means. However, God has blessed me with Andrea and the food here is AMAZING! (the best thing about the dining commons is that there are a ton of options and chocolate milk comes out of dispensers, like soda from a fast food restraunt! I know, simple things...) But something wonderful is that every day we will get to watch the sunset from our window. I know its not quite a desert here, and though desert sunsets are the most beautiful on average, but I'm told the clouds roll in every afternoon/evening and the clouds make pretty sunsets! So... that's where I am in life right now. Haven't had a whole lot of quiet time yet as today was really busy, crowded and loud. But I did get some while mmoving in. So, hopefully tomorrow afternoon there will be more time for that. Anyway, its late and I need to be up for Orientation tomorrow. Later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my friend Steph.. Most definilty I am praying for you and wish you well in Reno. I miss you much. Maybe someday will you guys have room for two visitors. love katie g

12:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home