Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Trying to be positive about this. Trying not to think of all the things I have to do still. Trying to blend in, but be a light. Trying not to think about anything but just being. There's too much going on rigth now to think about anything. But the sunset is amazing. Looking to the silver lining. Trying to smile and look involved. Trying to be into the "college thing." Trying not to hate everything about this. The food is good... there's an automatic dishcart! I had a vanilla latte from a dispenser tonight. Trying not to think about the girl auction going on downstairs that they cheerfully call a "singled out" dating game show. Sick. "I like beer!" some guy shouted out durring orientation which caused more people to shout and cheer, including the leadership. Our school mascot was touching girls in naughty ways. Oh wait, I'm trying not to think about how I don't like it here. Andrea and I discussed being hermitts for the rest of the year... we also discussed getting out of hee at semester and trying out a community college somewhere else.. it'd be cheaper for sure. We'll see. Too bad the sunset doesn't last longer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

I am praying for you and Andrea, that God reveal to you the reason for being in Reno. I love you and as much as I would want to see you come back home, I know you will do well up in Reno


Love,
Your Brother

10:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home