Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Sunday, August 22, 2004

This morning, I woke up late but good thing for me Andrea was there. We quickly got ready for church and headed out. As we walked through the lobby I noticed something that made me do a double take... Could it be...? I walked a bit farther, took a few stairs and leaned over the railing..."Dad?" And he turned... My Dad had come on a surprise visit!! He'd bee back packing for 10 days in the Sierras and came to visit me. Andrea, my Dad and I then went to church... and it was cool because Andrea wanted to ride her bike back to the dorms, so my Dad and I had the way home... we talked about the message a little bit and then went to Walmart so I could pick up my pictures, then back to the dorm so he could see my room... and finally to lunch at Sonic before he needed to head out. "Can I come home with you?" I asked... He laughed, "No you need to stay here, we paid lots of money for you to be here." "But if I keep hating it, then can I come home?" "You'll like it, you'll start to fit in." "No, I already don't fit in, I don't dress like a hooker. Are you sure I can't leave with you?" "No, you need to stay."

In two weeks, over Labor Day, I'm going back to Oakhurst. I miss Paul, Jonathan and David.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It gets better, I promise. Hang in there. As I heard today, you have to experience the darkness to recognize the light. So yeah just hang in there.

4:51 p.m.  
Blogger jen said...

Stephanie Garver, I like you.

12:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read over your blog and many verses come to mind. Here is one: 2Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. (from Colossians 4) Focus on your studies and keep listening for Jesus' sweet voice for guidance! I love you, Mom

10:42 a.m.  
Blogger Kerry said...

Well as it turns out, while you were being visited by Dad, Mr. and Mrs. Fioravanti were visiting us. It was great to see them again. Would you rather transfer at semester down here if you still don't like it? I love you and know that you can overcome this time in your life. Talk to you soon and I will keep praying for you.

Love,
Your Brother

9:12 a.m.  
Blogger Britt said...

i hope things get better, just know that i love you so much and that i am always here even though i am just you little cousin, and remember, you will always be my favorite!!

10:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home