Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Saturday, August 21, 2004

I think a common misconception about my previous posts is that I have a desire to fit in here and be accepted. I do not want to fit in here. I do not (and am already not) accepted here. I do not was to become immune to the sin around me here. I never want to be immune to sin, period. Nor do I want to tolerate it in any form. I do not want to laugh and coarse jokes or smile at things that should not be said. I do not want to be part of that in any way, because if I am that in a sense becomes me. 'You are what you eat' and 'I am a product of my environment' do not become me. The LORD knows it would be easy to conform to this. He knows it would make life easier for me if I could just blend in and not be noticed. But those are not the plans He has for me.... or for anyone. He also doesn't want us to be a light to light. We, as Christians, are called to be lights in and to the darkness. A lot of responses I'm getting are telling me to just hang in there, blend in, readjust to the secular world... But those are not what I want to do. I do not want to slide by or be comfortable. I want people to notice me because I'm different. Because I respond to life different, talk differently and live differently. Because I don't tolerate the secular world or what it has to offer and I won't tolerate sin thrown around so lightly. Yes, sin happens. No I am not perfect, but I do strive to be like Jesus and I do desire to follow him completely. At the moment I'm just clinging to what He's promised me, to what I know He is calling me to in the future. I know that what goes on here, that this college is just another step toward this God-given promise.... This is just a step, its not a change of life or a new way of living. This whole year will be a trial and God will carry me through it as He always does.

1 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

What about setting the captives free you cant do that by sitting in your room not interacting with any body?

2:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home