Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Saturday, August 28, 2004

I saw four Canadian Geese flying south today. I happened to look up from my Anthropology book just as they flew above my window. I think I was more amazed at the fact that they were actually flying south than their diamond-shaped formation or even that I knew they were Canadian Geese. The geese knew where they were going. They knew which direction to take. They knew it was time.... So they went.

I want to be like Canadian Geese.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is interesting to ponder the instinctive flight of geese as well as the playfulness kittens exhibit while they are actually learning movements to hunt. God created all the creatures of Earth with survival instincts and I believe to be recongnized as blessings from Him to us. Humans, however, are quite a different story. Although created in Gods image, we are born into the world as sinners and must learn EVERYTHING to be able to survive. You are blessed to be on the right path. Faith, love and the knowledge of where all wisdom comes from - the bible. It is difficult to WAIT, but as you well know, that is God's answer to us time and time again. Be patient Sweetpea. Take one step at a time. I'm reminded of a poster that once hung in your room: "Be patient, God isn't finished with me yet". The Lord has great things in store for you!
Love, Hugs & Blessings,
Mama

8:11 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie, stumbled upon your site accidently but it was such a fascinating read i was hooked for a good half hour. I'm currently trying to rekindle my blog on fancy dress hat but i feel my first few posts may have deterred people from responding. If you could post one for me, I feel it would help me collect information about fancy dress hat. Thanks again for the great read!

4:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie, your post on this post was a catchy read, i spent a good half hour scanning through it all. If you would like to view your opinions on christmas fancy dress please feel free to add a post onto my blogspot. Thanks

12:37 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie, stumbled upon your site accidently but it was such a fascinating read i was hooked for a good half hour. I'm currently trying to rekindle my blog on fancy dress for little girl but i feel my first few posts may have deterred people from responding. If you could post one for me, I feel it would help me collect information about fancy dress for little girl. Thanks again for the great read!

6:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home