Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Friday, August 20, 2004

I finally threw away all the empty boxes that I moved in here with today. Guess I'm sticking around fro a while, eh? Orientation is finally over (Praise God from whom all blessings flow!) At lunch today we had a free bar-b-que for the new students, so I got myself a plate of food and considered going up to my room to eat but then a voice inside me said, "Steph Garver, you need to start being you own independant person now. Go eat with someone and make a friend." I've met lots of people but connected with no one except the two guys acros the hall. But I made my way over to a guy with curly hair sitting by himself at a far table. I introduced myself (his name was Adam) and shortly after the common meeting of where one is from, what their major is, ect... another guy took a seat at our table (his name was Matt) and we all connected and were laughing shortly after! When it was time to part I was thinking that I'd probably never see them again but we all said that we'd see eachother at the food fair later that night. The rest of my day then consisted of me waiting in an hour and a half long line to get my student ID, buying a PO Box address and buying a parking permit. It rained on me which is no good as I'm starting to come down with a cold.... then Andrea and I went to dinner... I had orange juice... and Mongolian grill. Yum! Then we met up with the guys across the hall (Brad and Bryan) and went down to the food fair, where I happened to meet up with Adam and Matt again. We hung out, did a relay race and ate food! We decided that since there's not too much to do tomorrow that we are going to meet up at noon at Matt's dorm room and find our classes on campus so we're not completely lost on Monday. It should be good. Overall, I'm finding myself a bit more connected, but still not fitting in. Which is fine by me. I never fit in in High School, so why would college be any different? Besides, Jesus made me for far better things. I'm looking forward to the start of our Bible study going on in our room in a week or so. That should be really good! Yay! I'm missing my fellowship in Oakhurst though but they have been really support

1 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

hey guess what? That is just life out side camp. Anyway, How the heck are you? It sounds like things could be better. They will get better. You will adjust back to a secular world. Be thankful that you have andrea near you, because there are people at your college like me when at the begining of my school where i cloesd off to society and got really depressed. You have andrea to help you stay accountable. Go out and pull those people out of their holes. You can with your amazing life and smile.

5:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home