Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

You know, the are times in my life, dear reader, when I don't have any idea whats good for me. Little children, for instance, if given the chance will choose an icecream sunday over a green salad. They pick what they think tastes good, but they end up with a stomache ache a few hours later. God gives us the same choices in life. He offers us choices and He gives us free will to choose. "Jesus, guide me in the path you want me to take." Deep inside we know wich choice is really the right one for us, its just reaching inside and pulling out fresh healthy answers, instead of reaching without thought toward the fattening cookie jar. Plenty of things feel and taste good at the time... my friends Ben and Juana use a chocolate cake as an illistration. If you eat a cake right out of the oven its not only hot and will burn you but because its not 'set' yet it will give you a stomache ache. They chose to wait rather than rush in. My Friend Fred once talked about flowers in the same manner. When the bulbs around the Ranch house started blooming there were a few that remained closed up for several weeks. I'd wait in anticipation to see what colors and what kind of flower would appear... if I had forced it open, it would have died. It would turn brown and gross and die. I like things to hurry along. I like choosing the icecream sunday over a green salad. But now that I'm sick, a few hour later, in retrospect that salad was a much healthier choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home