Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Monday, May 10, 2004

This morning in Bible study we looked at the Lord's prayer again... I'm always convicted at the part, "Forgive us our debts just as we have forgiven our debtors." What that says to me is that I will only be forgive as much as I forgive... or just as I've forgiven.. and you can take whichever side or view you want but this always convicts me and causes me to look at all the people who have hurt me in some form and I have refused to do anything but hold it against them. Last Friday someone (or rather, two someones) walked back into my life. These were people I never thought I'd be seeing again. People I'd honestly have been okay with never seeing again. But they acted like nothing had ever happened to cause a rift in the friendship.... They hurt me. Both in different ways but they had deffinately hurt me deeply (just about anyone on Common Fire could tell you the same.) Is it time for me to put this behind me as a bnig misunderstanding? Those who know the enitre situation tell me I have every right to never speak to them again. But is that what Christ wants me to do? The last thing I need are comments telling me, "Oh, forgive and forget...forgive like you want to be forgiven" or anything else of that nature. No one knows how deeply I was hurt or the answers to these questions but Jesus. The question I just keep asking myself is if its time to forgive yet. I know it wasn't time a few months ago... and I know it wasn't time when it happened. But is now the time to forgive?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home