Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Sunday, May 09, 2004

I'm reminded of my last day of seventh grade. Our choir (that was as good if not better than a highschool choir that year) was gathered together for the last time. I was sitting in my chair at the tend of the last row. These were my friends, my family.. the choir I had traveled with and loved. Yes, it was the last time we would all be together, sitting in the same room with the same songs in memory. Waiting, as you always must wait, for the director to turn from the white board and address the choir he has learned to love for the very last time. We knew this day would come, it always does, it has to...You can't stop it, can't avoid it can't overlook it. It wasn't that I would never see these people again... many of them surrounded me all through highschool, many of them I still know and love. But it would never be everyone all gathered together in the same place again. (Even if by some miracle we were all united again someday it would never be the same. I am so different now... I have different priorities, different passions.... different wishes and dreams and hopes. Imagine all the changes everyone else went through.) I'm feeling the same about Common Fire except that no one will be saying the final words to us. There is no final song to sing... and sing with such passion and love that you can't even make it through the chorus without everyone breaking down. There is nothing left to do or say, its all already been said and if it hasn't, we waited too long to let our feelings known, but say it anyway. This group of people here right gathered together in this choosen place and choosen time. There may be reunions but it will never be the same... drink it up and savor every drop.... There won't be another time around in this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home