Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Monday, May 31, 2004

I had the perfect view from the plane tonight. I was in the aisle, but no one was next to me so I also had the window seat. At one point out of the window, the mountains covered in snow were lit up and the sky was a light purple and the clouds were golden pink above and deep blue beyond. I watched the sun set as I flew. Watched as I flew away from all that I loved and was comfortable with... All that belonged to me. "The Mountain" (As an after thought, I should have pulled out my camera and taken a picture of it, it was really breath taking.) I could not help but thank God for it. It was much like the current sunset of my life... This is always an odd stage... that place between night and morning just before the sun is going to rise and the sky is turning bright but its still not light enough to see any of the path ahead... That's where I am. This was my life. I know I must move on (and I will, no worries!) and like I said, I know this is the right thing for me to be doing. My future in college is bright next year (minus the actual school work of course.) But I am safely home and in four days will be back up the mountain for 2 and a half more months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home