Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Common Fire seems like a dream. This year wasn't a waste. I know myself better and where I stand and what I believe.. and where I'm going than I have any other time of my life. I feel like I could continue down this path of self discovery no matter what. I'm okay. I will be okay. My life is moving on. My seasons are changing. They will always change. And that's okay with me! Yes, I will miss people. I will really miss people, my heart will break and I will cry. That I expect to happen. I am tired in more ways than one. This year was one of the hardest of my life... it was the hardest and best. And I'm not the only one here to think so. There were days when I wanted to run away and never look back and there were days I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. Jen asked us (Briches, Flany and I) if we'd do it again another year... They both answered yes right away. But it was hard. It was so hard. It was tiring; it was Summer Staff times 40. It was good; it was Summer Staff times 4 Million! Would I do it again? With these people, in a heart-beat! This is my family... But I am very at peace. I am very at peace. I really am. My heart is sad, but it is well with my soul.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah,
It will be different, and hard and sad to leave here, but we must go out in to the world again. I hope that you know how much of a blessing you have been on my life this year. I know we will keep in touch next fall and onward. peace, Brian

6:54 a.m.  
Blogger josh said...

now you know how it was. its wonderful. It is also wonderful that your are moving on because you can take what you learn and your experiances and take them to the broken hurt world that we live in. I grantee every time you try to explain what happend, or events that made you laugh people are going to look at you funny. Its ok, i experianced the kind of experiances. I am so proud that you stuck it out cause its all goood.
for fried rice:
day old rice
carot, peas, ginger, garlic, spam, egg, salt and pepper, cellery, soy sauce, to add to the sauce if you have it, fish sauce or oyster sauce, just a little

leave your pan on the heat for 15 minutes before starting, put some veg oil in the pan, saute all the veggies, add the rice, incorportate them, push all of the product to one side of the pan, scramble the egg, mix it all together, add your sauce and enjoy
love and peace
i will be praying for your summer

9:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home