Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

You know, I like praying for little things as well as big things... I've always wanted to pray for big things... because... well, they're BIG! But I've taken lately to praying for little things as well as big... its one thing to pray every night for healing or for people to turn to Christ (and don't take that wrong, we totally need to keep praying for those things!) But when you pray so earnestly and don't get an answer, or nothing changes and you start to wonder if God is still listening...That's when its good to pray for the little things because then you know that God is listening and responding... Like today, and I hope every day, I will be praying for joy... that wonderful inner joy that only comes from the Holy Spirit.. the kind of joy that you can hardly contain and all you want to do is run around outside and dance about... or little things like work for me to do in the office, a friend to confide in or something in me that's holding me back from Christ to be revealed... yea.. those good little things... Suppose today you prayed for one little thing in your life... what would happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home