Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Monday, April 19, 2004

Today I watched someone in the office walk away with my pen. Not a big deal, I have more pens... I know where to get more pens. But I watched someone walk away with it and didn't say anything. I feel like my life is that way sometimes. I let the really good things just walk away. I watch them go, I know they're going but I don't try to stop them. (whether or not I could stop them is all circumstance.) I'm tried of letting those good things get past me and I'm tired of people pushing me around or into circumstances or conversations I'm not comfortable with. I realized this weekend that I have the right to keep things to myself, I don't have to tell people everything they want to know... I have the right to stand up for myself and my principles. I don't need to let good things get out of my life so easily. For starters, its time to go get my pen back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home