Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Sunday, April 25, 2004

I care for myself.
The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am the more I will respect myself. I will keep the laws given by God, sanctioned by man. I will hold to the principles received by me when I was sane and not mad as I am now. Laws and principles are not for times when there is no temptation but are for such moments as this: When body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigor, stringent are they, inviolent they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth? Oh, the have a worth so I have always believed and if I can not believe it now it is because I am insane. Quite Insane with my veins running fire and my heart beating faster than I can count its throbs. Preconceived opinions, foregone determinations are all I have at this hour to stand by.
There, I plant my foot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home