Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

How do I know where to invest myself or my time? How do I know what's lasting and what's not lasting? Now that I'm dating I wonder that a lot. Do I invest in him or them? I want to invest in the community still. I'm still a part of it. I still love it. But at the same time, I want to invest in this one person. Is there a balance? I feel like with most couples there is no balance its either one or the other. How long will this last? If its only a short time, of course I want to invest in the lasting things. CommonFire is only another a month and a half long. Not long at all. How well do I know these people? Every time they start to know me, I run away. He runs away too. Why is it that just when people get to know us, befriend us... love us, we push them away and run from them? I want to keep reaching out. Holding out my hand, offering him my friendship, my love...trying to bring him back but the eyes of a cornered puppy are the only response: "Hopeless... lost... run away!" No no... There is hope, I'm with you here... stay... stay, don't run away from me, please. Please. But he runs. How can I get him to stay? How can I get him to trust me? How can I tell him that I still love him... that I always will?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home