Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Thursday, March 25, 2004

So, last night I saw my first bear. I was walking the AIM trail, at night and by myself, of course. Coming back from dinner about 8:00 and as I neared the final stretch toward the houses it popped out from the side of the road where there are a bunch of fallen apples and ran across the road toward the Quintana's house. I of course froze as I heard it run a short ways then stop. I yelled, "Hello?" as I heard it running again and then stop... this continued twice more, me yelling and it running and stopping.. and when I finally heard it up near the Green House I continued briskly on my way to The Ranch Hosue. If my big deer-in-headlight-eyes didn't give it away... as soon as I told people about it there were naturally about 3 guys running out the door in search of it. Silly boys. :) Just when you start to forget that you are out in the wildernessand that there are more animals around than you'll ever realize, soemthing liek this happens. The boys of course, could not find it. Anyway, that's my story for the day. Danielle, Michelle and I have officially decided to go to San Francisco this weekend. It should be good to get away. Thanks to all for your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home