Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Monday, February 02, 2004

Weather today has been very interesting. We started the day expecting heavy snow, but it seems to be heavier than we think. In just a few hours, we've had 4 and a half inches of snow. it was predicted that we'd get anywhere between 5 inches and 3 feet. Crazy. Last time we got 3 feet the power went off too... I like whent he power goes out! :) I know, I'm weird. But, if nothing else, it forces us to be social with each other. Other than snow -- which did not affect my weekend, I went on a ton of walks.. by myself, with Kenna and with others. Walks are amazing. You're just getting into a good conversation and you seem to find yourself back at the house... all too soon. I wouldn't trade any of the walks I took for anything in the world.

I saw the most beautiful thing on Saturday night... A scene that makes your mouth make the shape of a gentle "o" and your hardly dare to blink as if it will vanish like a mist. Which is what it was. A fairy land of white mist. The green (now called The White) was covered in snow, and a thick cloud had surrounded the camp and now rested serenely on top of the snow. The green lights had been turned on for the guest group, that currenly sat warm and cozy in the dinning hall. The lights cast and angelic surealism over the misty fog and snow. I walked out in the middle of the cloud, completely dissapearing in the chilly glow of the cloud and snow. I won't hesitate to tell you that I danced in the cloud and the snow, all bathed in a golden glow. I have seen many beautiful things with new and innocent eyes since I arrived here... but never have I seen in one singular moment God's grace and compassion showered over a scene of of such realistic fantasy and truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home