Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Monday, February 23, 2004

This weekend really was exciting... and I was in a pleasant enough disposition to have a good day at work today... regardless of the grumpy words and expressions that surround me. I realized today that my birthday was less than 16 days away... Silly fuss. Everyone fusses too much about birthdays... I hate presents. They are given because they must be given, not because soemone randomly thought of you and gave out of the generosity of their hearts. I would much prefer random thoughtful gifts throught the year and on an actual birthday the company of those closest to me. For example, the greatest gift to me this year would be my best-good friend Tammi. Tammi, if you came to visit me for my birthday, I wouldn't be able to think of a happier gift in all my past. Your friendship to me is far far more valuable than any trinket.

Friendship in general is of such high value to me that those who know me best know I would rather have one or two best friends.. someone I tell everything to than a hundred aquaintances. I have always prefered that method of companionship. I like to invest in people. Invest my whole heart and my whole being into a person... That way they know I care and they know I love them more than all others. For example, I have only 3 very close friends outside of this community... one being my accountability partner, Kari... and the others Tammi and Javier (who I really only talk to once every month or so). But even in the community, I think its obvious that I want to invest in and love everyone... but I always find myself in the presence of one or two people specifically... And as I'm finding, one of my friends in this community understands me and supports me... and in my opinion shows me more love than so many of the others. Love in action and in words. That's a ture friend...someone who loves you... A person you can not even imagine your life without. Those few, specific people are the ones always on my heart and always on my mind. I hope that you know who you are... and that I really do love you dearly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home