Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Once a famous golf player went to visit a foreign King. They played golf and had a grand time! At the end of the stay this King said to the golf player, "I would like to give you a gift. What would you like?" The golf player declined but the King insisted...So the golf player thought about what kind of gift he might like... And finally the golf player told the King, "Well, I collect golf clubs, you could get me a golf club." The King thought about this request a moment and finally answered, "All right, I think I can get you a golf club." The famous golfer returned home and a few weeks went by and the golf club never came... It wasn't a big deal, but the King had said he would get him a golf club... Then one day, in the mail arrived a letter from the King and a deed to a 500 acre golf club.

The point of my story is that Kings, or rather, the King of Kings thinks differently than we do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home