Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Monday, February 16, 2004

Its weird how one tiny little thing... that really doesn't affect you in any way... can change your day so much. I'm glad to be the only person in the office today... I was talking with Briches last night...I was telling him that when something about a situation or a person bothers you we can not fully blame that person. As much as something might be thier fault at least half of the fault lies with you. For instance, today I learned news that bothered me. It does not affect me personally, its none of my business... and yet I am greatly affected. Why? Because there is obviously something in my heart that needs to be dealt with. I believe I know precisely what it is... its the same thing everyone else on Common Fire will be feeling when they learn the news. Simply this: Jealousy. Yes... that's what it is guys, plain and simple. Perhaps a bit of awkwardness as well? This is not an easy place to live. The things that happen here are not always easy to deal with. And we can not change how other choose to act or the choises they make.. but we can change our own hearts, attitudes and actions toward the situation. I encourage those on Common Fire reading this to seek your own heart where this issue is concerned....

On a lighter, more cheerful note... I think I have figured out what I would like to do next year. All afternoon and evening I was praying about it and I kept feeling as if the answer would come at some point last night... and Praise Jesus!! It did! And if not an answer, than deffinately an option I plan to pursue. I'll write more on that as inofrmation comes. But I can tell you this much... It involves me traveling with a singing/theatrical Christian Ministry group! Yep.. more on that as it evolves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home