Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Can I share my heart with you? I realized this morning that today is the beginning of Lent. I don't know if you're into that tradition, but my chruch back home was pretty big on it. If nothing else, its a good time for reflexion and sacrifice... and I believe it grows you into a stronger person. You'd be amazed what you can live without. My first lent, I gave up Chocolate. Then all candy things. Then I gave up eating 1 meal a day, and ate only 2 times a day (you'd be really amazed how you don't need to eat that much) Then I gave up makeup and doing my hair, which was huge for me, beacuse at that time I was super vain. Then last year I gave up TV and the internet. Here is what I believe I have decided to give up this year... as I just realized today that was what I wanted to do, its still in the thought process stage, but I will ask your opinion on the matter. I struggle with lust, even in the simplest form, thats what it is and its a sin. How do I get rid of it? What a perfect time to try to stop it before it spreads. Well, these questions forming in my mind, of how to stop it are not the easiest to solve for me. How can I stop what has been planted there but to pull it out by the roots. So... where do the roots begin? Not the easiest of questions... because there will always be an attraction from male to female and visa versa. So, I can stop it at the root of evil itself. Word of mouth. I will not talk ABOUT boys in any way other than brotherly. And why not take it a step further? I will not talk TO boys in any way other than brotherly. (Now me not having any siblings... this will take a lot of imagination on my part... as I'm not sure how exactly I want this to look.) But just speaking, in that form, leaves a lot of room to continue to stumble. I know I don't have control of my mind and the best thing I can do there is just try to change my thoughts when I realize one is trying to ensnare me. But then I wondered about physicalness. Other than hugging, and occasionally momentary snuggling (and since I'm already on a kissing fast) how shall I deal with that? I know that there are times when I purposely place myself next to a boy... so when I have control over a situation, that will stop. Hugs, other than quick ones are not necessary. And cuddling is absolutely unnecessary. All these boys here are my brothers and its time I started acting that way. Anyway, those are my thoughts on Lent this year, they're not well thought through and any suggestions would be greatly appriciated!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home