Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Saturday, January 10, 2004

Hello, world! :)

I woke up early this morning and headed down to the Oakhurst Community Center, where Karolina, Kari Maddox, Deb and I prepared appitizers for Bonnie Harrison and Jake Smith's wedding. We attended the wedding.. which was absolutely beautiful. It was totaly relaxed and Christ centered. It was one of the lovlier weddings I've ever attended. I had quite an enjoyable time and on-lookers could really feel the love of the couple and the love of God in the room. After the seremony, Deb, Karo, Kari and I booked it back to the community center to start cooking and putting final touches ont he platters and food. We made pecan stuffed mushrooms.. which I ate... yes, reader, I ate mushrooms... in fact, I ate many of the mushrooms throughout the day. W made soem fancy bread thing, which I wasn't the biggest fan of, but I tried it just the same. and then I made the potstickers. Hear that, Mom? I cooked potstickers for a wedding! Over 200 potstickers! Yay for me! I only burned myself once on a sheet pan of the ghetto bread that had just come from the oven and only cut myself once doing trash.. I know, stupid, right? Here I am.. working with trash all the time and I cut myself doing it once. Silly me! So, then we finish all the food, and start to clean up.. when Deb tells Kari and I to go out, find some young men and Dance. So Kari Maddox and went out, made ourselves perfectly available and no one asked us to dance. Such is life, eh? But later, I got to dance with Jan-ice ice Baby! After clean up, that was basically the wedding. It was really nice.

I have my staff application all ready now and will turn it in Monday morning! Don't worry, Tony! I've got it now! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home