Either Side of the River

"On either side of the river lie, long rows of barley and of rye, that clothe the world and meet the sky, and through the field the road run by to many towered Camelot...." - Lord Alfred Tennyson's, The Lady of Shalott.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Thursday, December 18, 2003

Well, its odd being one of the only ones left on the Mountain. What do I do with myself? I could write emails, start some Christmas cards... go out and play in the snow... however that losses much of its magic when you're the only one rolling around in the snow. I could eat.. I'm good at that. I could read, there are plenty of books here on the shelves I'd love to read! I could watcha movie.. we have a ton of movies I've never seen. Maybe I'll save a movie for tonight after its dark. Its not even 9 am yet. I could fill out my summer staff application, or my application to Reno for next year.. but I'd rather do that when I'm home. There's too much to do up here to just sit at the computer all day... but at the same time, there's nothing to do.. For sure, I'll take a shower. Its been what? um.. 6 days now since I've showered.. gross! In all honesty, I wish people were still here. The two people 'm closest to have left... theose two people who I can share my heart with... who I can be perfectly honest with even when I know it'll hurt me or them and I know that they'll be honest right back. I have some laundry to finish before I start packing too. I think I've gotten the majority of my Christmas present shopping done now... There are a few more things I'd like to go pick up at the kitchen before I leave. (some homemade jams and syrups). I think the only people left on my list are Sarah and my cousin Kristy. But with Sarah, I already have half of her present. Christmas is too commercial. It's true. How much do you think I've grown since the last time I was home? Hopefully enough to realize that I wasn't happy with myself in the outcome and I'd like to be happy with myself this time on my return. Hmm... I think 'll go write some Christmas cards and then later come back and write a few emails...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home